In February 2020 Ofsted inspected the school and gave the school a good rating with outstanding features. They had lots of positive comments about the school leadership and its provision of quality education.
We hope our website will keep you up to date with the many activities happening at the school. Check out the Event Calendar and Blog!
Check out our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages to see updates of children's work and events around school!
Once again a group of our pupils joined a choir of 5,584 other children to perform in the Young Voices concert 2018. The group of Key Stage 2 pupils travelled to Manchester Arena to spend 3 hours rehearsing before entertaining a full audience.
This year, one of our main priorities is reading. Children will be taking part in fun and engaging reading activities, aimed to increase progress and attainment and develop a love of reading!
Children from all classes will soon all be enjoying a wonderful day out taking part in lots of outdoor activities. Check the Event Calendar for details. Watch out for blog articles from the children telling you all about their adventure!
Information for parents
You can read authorised and up to date information about the Coronavirus pandemic virus known as COVID-19 on the UK government website.
Guidance for Schools
You can read authorised and up to date guidance that schools are now following.
As you will have seen in the news, more and more reports about the Coronavirus (COVID 19) are appearing frequently, we would like to inform you of the steps we have in place as a school and some of the things you can do at home. All of this will help prevent any spread of any virus.
- We have soap and water available across the site
- All children are reminded to wash their hands at key points
- Each class has had a lesson about the importance of hand washing
- There are tissues available in each classroom
- We have worked with the NHS to teach children to sneeze and cough into their elbow (pretending to ‘dab’).
- We are limiting the number of visitors that come into school – this includes parental drop off and collection
- We are risk assessing any visits and trips to avoid large social crowds
- Talk to your child about good hygiene
- Teach them how to sneeze and cough into a tissue / into their elbow
- Reassure them if they are worried about anything they hear on the news
- Get children to wash their hands just before leaving for school and as soon as they get home from school
Please note – we do not have any confirmed cases of Coronavirus and this information is just to ensure general good hygiene which will help protect everyone from a variety of viruses such as colds and flu.
We will keep you updated in line with advice from the Prime Minister, Public Health England and the Department for Education.