School Governors Role
As Governors of West Street we are proud to play a part in ensuring the best possible education for all the children.
We are a dedicated team who share a real concern and interest in the life and work of the school.
Our responsibilities are wide and varied but above all we are here to ensure the very best provision at West Street.
We do this by:
- working closely with staff and the senior leadership team
- reviewing regularly the school improvement plan and the progress and attainment of the children
- monitoring teaching & learning; from maths and literacy to how well trips and visits are planned and conducted
- listening to the views of pupils, parents and staff
- being visible in school to provide help, support and ideas
If you would like to know more about our role or to give us your views of West Street please contact us through the school or come and have a chat. Most of us are in school on a daily basis. We also hold coffee mornings once a half term.
Governors Meeting Schedule 2019 – 2020